*I couldn't get our in-class recording to post, so you're off the hook on that assignment.The words and music for Jingle Bells were written in 1857 by James Pierpont for a Thanksgiving program at his church in Boston. It was so well received that he was asked to repeat it at Christmas.
This assignment is another in our Theme & Variation series. Follow these instructions to complete the piece:
- Write the THEME of Jingle Bells in D Major. This will begin on F# (3rd note of the scale).
- Write the VARIATION in a WALTZ form.
- The time signature for the waltz is in 3/4.
- The key signature remains the same (D Major).
- The rhythm will change.
- Print out your Theme & Variation to hand in.
Due: Tuesday, November 29